Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adventurer Conqueror, Dragon Warrior...

So I bought the pdf version of Adventurer Conqueror King last night, as US$9.99 isn't as scary in foreign $ as it was when I was growing up.  And the things said about it were very very interesting. Unfortunately, any printed stuff (like the book) usually involves postage of about 50% of the price of the product, and 276 page books tend to be fairly hefty.

I've gotten back into RPGs through the revival  of the OSR D&D, and applied the concepts and ideas to Dragon Warriors, the system that I was introduced to roleplaying through, and find most familiar, mainly as I have several books worth of house rules I apply to it.  And it makes more sense to me than D&D, in any edition...

So I won't be using the D&D style character creation.  But the proficiencies, the campaign tables, the adventure sections and the treasure chapter will all be picked over in fine detail, and I think they will provide a firm background to my home campaign.  Especially the domain section, as nothing else I've tried has given something workable without PC's running different kingdoms.

I'll report back when I've looked it over, but for now, I've got three ruthless (or clueless) adventurers looking at the Dungeon Magazine Adventure "Bogged Down" (the only link I could find but it shows that there was hope on the paizo forums in 2006...).  Given in their last adventure, the group ended up killing a neutral necromancer and giving his eyeballs to the group that were supposed to be antagonists, I'm interested in how this tale of redemption plays out. Preferably badly - enemies are better campaign points than friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment